Family Support Group
Our peer-led family support groups for family of friends of a loved one experiencing mental health challenges are moving outdoors.
Please review the guidelines for support group attendees:
- Bring your own chair
- Facial protection must be worn
- Stay 6 feet apart from other participants
- This will be outside so please plan appropriately (sunscreen, water, bug spray, umbrella, etc.)
- Stay home if you are sick. Monitor your health symptoms: if you have any COVID 19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) we ask that you not come that week
- Practice good hygiene (try not to touch your face, wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, etc.)
- Check our Facebook page for any weather cancellations.
1st and 3rd Mondays of each month (beginning Monday, August 3rd)
5:30-7:00 p.m. Outside First Presbyterian Church (Northwest corner near church entrance), 512 3rd St. SW, Rochester
2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month
7:00-8:30 p.m. Outside NAMI SE MN (parking lot), 1700 Broadway Ave N, Suite 105, Rochester
NAMI MN continues to offer family support groups online.
This group is for anyone who has a loved one facing a mental health challenge or crisis. Click here for more information.
For more information call NAMI SE MN 507-287-1692
Certified Family Support Specialists
Family Support Specialists share personal experience supporting a loved one with mental illness to offer support to other families to access needed services, learn effective communication strategies, and maintain wellness and hope.
When you have a loved one with mental illness, it is easy to feel confused, isolated and sometimes hopeless. Our Family Support Specialists have personal experience supporting a family member with mental illness. They use this experience to help others along this challenging journey. Family Support Specialists offer support, resources, skills, tools and encouragement. Contact the NAMI office at (507) 287-1692 to schedule a visit.