Education and Events Director
**Apply by August 26th for priority interview consideration**
Job Description Information:
ABOUT NAMI SOUTHEAST MINNESOTA
NAMI Southeast Minnesota's mission is to improve mental wellness through listening, advocating, informing and leading.
We are a non-profit organization comprised of people with mental illness, family members and professionals. We offer critical education, advocacy and support programs in the community at no charge to support the individual, their loved ones and the mental health care system. Go to namisemn.org for more details.
The Education and Events Director position at NAMI SE MN is at the core of our fundraising activities. Without fundraising events, NAMI SE MN is limited in the impact we make within the community. The position is responsible for leading and overseeing key community events and education programming within NAMI SE MN. Event planning includes being responsible for every aspect of an event, both those organized by NAMI and other community events we participate in. Education programming includes building our class/workshop offerings and the scheduling and planning of workshops at local businesses, schools, and other events.
RESULTS TO BE ACHIEVED
Organize unforgettable events that will ensure the entertainment of participants and facilitate the completion of business objectives.
- Responsible for supervising the Walk Manager position and education program facilitators
- Provides regular, constructive, and timely performance feedback to the Walk Manager position and education program facilitators
- Understand requirements for each event
- Plan and organize events, including site selection, logistical arrangements, purchasing supplies, promoting events along with the Marketing Director, scheduling and being the primary point of contact for the events
- Plan events with attention to financial and time constraints
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations, etc)
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to organize personnel at events
- Do final check at the day of the event to ensure everything meets standards
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Create tactics and goals to track performance of special events to assure outcome achievement
- Develop and maintain events calendar
- Develop and expand NAMI-sponsored class and workshop offerings
- Conduct strategic outreach to increase classes facilitated in the community
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing new class facilitators
- Supervise education program facilitators
- Ensure facilitator compliance with program requirements, policies and procedures
- Monitor results and adapt programs as needed
- Special Events
- Leading special events; including fundraising, community breakfasts, annual giving, annual meetings, and annual appeals
- Utilize and lead special event committees to help with all aspects of special events
- Represent NAMI SE MN at community and organizational events
- Assist NAMI SE MN in fundraising as needed
- Other tasks as directed
- Proven experience in event planning
- A working knowledge of NAMI’s education programs
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Lived experience with mental illness
- Ability to manage donations with integrity
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work on a team or independently to complete projects within deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to represent NAMI Southeast Minnesota professionally and respectfully; being the face of NAMI Southeast Minnesota
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or public relations
- Working knowledge of databases, especially NEON
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals and families affected by mental illness
HOURS & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hours are flexible and a work schedule can be negotiated with the Executive Director. Some weekend and evening obligations will occur with notice.
This position is eligible for paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and to participate in a retirement savings program.
$16-$19/hour depending on experience
Travel may be required several times a year for training and events
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION STATEMENT
NAMI SE MN embraces and encourages our employee’s differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, physical appearance, and other characteristics that make NAMI SE MN employees unique.
NAMI SE MN believes that its human capital is the most valuable asset it has. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of our culture, our reputation, and organizational achievement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Self-determined schedule
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
Rochester, MN 55906: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Event planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Presentation skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Some weekend and evening obligations will occur with notice. This position is eligible for paid time off, vacation pay, and to participate in a retirement program. Travel may be required several times a year for training and conferences.