Connection Support Group
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness that requires no preregistration. Come and join us!
You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who have been there. NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to share and to get what you need.
The Connection Support Group meets Wednesdays from 7:00-8:30 p.m. at the NAMI Office (1700 Broadway Ave N, Suite 104, Rochester, Enter Door B on north side of building)
Certified Peer Specialists
A Certified Peer Specialist is a trained individual who has been diagnosed with a mental illness and has made significant progress toward recovery. They use their personal experiences to model wellness, hope, self-advocacy and personal responsibility. Certified Peer Specialists can assist an identified peer in various ways through:
- Helping identify strengths, abilities and assets in order to reach goals
- Developing recovery and wellness goals
- Connecting to local resources
- Educating about the recovery journey as well as mental health and wellness
- Facilitating group activities such as coping skills, education and support Contact Steve Cray at (507) 316-0993 or firstname.lastname@example.org to determine how a Certified Peer Specialist can play a role in your recovery journey.
Warmline is a non-crisis phone line for people living with mental illness. Do you need a listening ear? Are you lonely? Perhaps you just want to talk to someone who understands. Warmline volunteers live with mental illness, are well trained and compassionate. Calls are anonymous and confidential. Share as much or as little as you wish; we want to be there for you. Hours of operation: Thursday through Sunday, 4:00-8:00 p.m. (507) 287-7161 or toll-free (888) 334-7754